DMG MORI CO., LTD.
Dr. Masahiko Mori,President
Established: February 1, 2020
DMG MORI and its group companies (hereinafter referred to as “DMG MORI group,” including subsidiaries and equity method affiliated companies under the Companies Act located in Japan) recognize their social responsibility to handle personal information properly in the course of its business and have established a policy regarding personal information protection as shown below. The policy is applicable unless otherwise specified by each company. Any revision to the policy will be notified on this webpage.
1. Compliance with laws and regulations concerning personal information protection
2. Comprehensive safety management measures
In order to safely manage personal information, DMG MORI group takes all necessary and appropriate measures regarding internal control and supervision, education of employees, and supervision of outsourcing contractors, and strives to prevent the leakage, loss or impairment of personal information.
3. Principles regarding the handling of personal information
1) Acquisition of personal information
DMG MORI group clearly specifies the purpose of use of personal information upon its acquisition, and acquires it to the extent necessary for the specified purpose by lawful and fair means.
2) Handling of personal information
DMG MORI group does not use personal information acquired in accordance with provision 1) above beyond the scope of the specified purposes without the customer’s consent. DMG MORI group uses the personal information for the following purposes.
- Commercial notifications regarding our products, services and events (e.g. exhibitions)
- Questionnaire surveys, etc., for product planning/development or for improving customer satisfaction
- Execution of tasks such as responding to inquiries from customers and providing timely service
- Compliance with statutory provisions or the notices and directives of administrative authorities
- Other purposes which are explicitly specified upon the acquisition of the personal information
(2) Joint use of personal information
DMG MORI group may share personal information of customers with other parties under the following conditions.
- Personal information to be shared: name, address, age, telephone number, email address, product information, and contents of your consultation
- Involved parties: DMG MORI group and its sales contractor
- Purpose: fulfillment of (1) above
- Party who manages the personal information: DMG MORI CO., LTD.
(3) Providing personal information to outsourcing contractors
DMG MORI may outsource the handling of information acquired from customers to a third party, to the extent necessary for the fulfilment of (1) above. In such cases, DMG MORI group will properly supervise the outsourcing contractor.
(4) Provision of personal information to third parties
DMG MORI group does not provide personal information acquired in accordance with provision 1) above to third parties without the customer’s consent, except in the cases shown below.
- Cases based on laws and regulations
- Cases in which there is a need to protect a human life, body or fortune, and when it is difficult to obtain the principal's consent
- Cases in which there is a need to cooperate in regard to a central government organization or a local government
(5) Proper management of personal information
DMG MORI group takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access to personal information, and the loss, destruction, falsification or leakage of personal information. We will also put effort into awareness building activities, including regular trainings/education on personal information protection for employees who handle personal information.
4. Contact details
Contact details for inquiries about the handling of customers’ personal information:
Domestic Legal Group, Domestic Legal Department, DMG MORI CO., LTD.
Click here for the inquiry form.