DMG MORI CO., LTD.
President Dr. Masahiko Mori
Established: April 1, 2005
In regard to the personal information (which hereinafter refers to information about living persons, and any data included in that information that can identify specific individuals, such as names and dates of birth) that we handle in the course of our business relating to machine tools, DMG MORI strives to use the acquired information within the scope of the purposes the company has stipulated at the time of its acquisition, and to manage it properly during the retention period. DMG MORI recognizes its societal responsibility to protect the rights and interests of those concerned, and has established a basic policy regarding personal information protection, as set out below.
1. Compliance with laws and regulations concerning personal information protection
DMG MORI complies with the following applicable laws and regulations in the pursuit of its machine-tool-related business operations.
- Act on the Protection of Personal Information
- Order for enforcement of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information
- The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry’s “guideline concerning the Act on Protection of Personal Information relating to economy and industry”
2. Comprehensive safety management measures
In order to safely manage personal information, DMG MORI will take necessary and appropriate measures regarding in-house management and supervision, the education of members of staff, and the supervision of outsourcing contractors, and will strive to prevent the leakage, loss or impairment of personal information.
3. Principles regarding the handling of personal information
1) Acquisition of personal information
DMG MORI will clearly specify the purpose of use of personal information at the time of its acquisition, and will acquire it to the extent that is necessary, and by lawful and fair means.
2) Handling of personal information
(1) Use within the intended purposes
DMG MORI will not use personal information acquired in accordance with provision 1) above beyond the scope of the intended purposes without the consent of the customers themselves. DMG MORI will use personal information that it has acquired for the following purposes.
- Sales guidance relating to our products and services
- For questionnaire surveys, etc., for product planning/development or aimed at improving customer satisfaction
- The execution of tasks such as responding to inquiries from customers and providing timely service
- Compliance with statutory provisions or the notices and directives of administrative authorities
- Providing the personal information described in (2) below to the DMG MORI group company, our distributors, our partners and our suppliers in order to provide prompt and appropriate responses to inquiries made at our Service Centers.
- Providing to contractors
- Other intended uses explicitly specified at acquisition of the personal information
(2) Items of personal information provided
Name, address, age, telephone number, product information and information about the nature of your consultation
(3) Means or method of providing personal information to third parties
Telephone, written document, electronic media, etc.
(4) Provision of personal information to third parties
DMG MORI does not provide personal information acquired in accordance with provision 1) above to third parties without the customer’s consent except in the cases stipulated in (1) above. However, we will terminate provision to third parties if approached by customers themselves.
(5) Proper management of personal information
DMG MORI will take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access to personal information, and the loss, destruction, falsification or leakage of personal information. We will also put effort into awareness building activities, including regularly implementing training/education on personal information protection for members of staff who handle personal information.
4. Contact details
Contact details for inquiries about the handling of customers’ personal information:
DMG MORI Public Relations/Exhibition Department WEB Group
Phone: 0595-45-4151 (main phone number) (weekdays 8:00 to 17:00)
Click here for the inquiry form.